Didasko RTO Resources for Learners Who Want to Become Pastrycooks
A Certificate III in Patisserie – SIT31021 serves as a starting point for learners eager to become chef
patissiers or pastrycooks in various establishments. If you want to help your students achieve this
qualification and gain the necessary skills and knowledge of patisserie, this is the course for you.
This certification includes kitchen operation training as well as planning, costing, and food safety.
This qualification provides access to essential RTO materials so you can make training easy and
enjoyable for your students. All skills in this course are subject to Australian industry codes of
What You Will Gain
A Certificate III in Patisserie from Australian learning resource provider, Didasko, offers numerous benefits to students. As an RTO or TAFE, your aspiring learners will gain a comprehensive understanding of the fundamentals and techniques of patisserie, as well as knowledge regarding safe food handling and hygiene practices. By completing this qualification, they can become proficient in cake decorating, chocolate work, pastry production, dough making and other core skills required for working within the industry.
How do you know if Certificate III in Patisserie courses are for your students? They should possess the following.
- Passion for pastries and cakes
- Willing to work whether using manual or automatic tools
- Can stand for long periods and work on cake decoration without tiring
- Clean and sanitary
- Enjoys getting to know clients and their preferences
- Good attention to detail
- A sensitive palate
What skills can your learners gain in these courses?
- Advanced baking techniques, such as dough-making and cake-decorating
- Knowledge of the science behind patisserie processes
- Understanding of food safety regulations and hygiene practices in professional kitchens
- Creative flair to create unique and delicious cakes or pastries for customers
- Expertise in working with specialised ingredients like sugar craft or chocolate work to create intricate desserts
- Time management and problem-solving skills to be able to create large batches of desserts quickly and efficiently
- Understanding of customer service principles, such as providing excellent customer experience to turn customers into repeat customers
- Knowledge of food costing and pricing for profit margin optimisation
Requirements for SIT31021 – Certificate III in Patisserie
- 15 Core
- 6 electives of which:
- 4 units from Group A or Group B below
- 2 units from Group A, Group B or Group C below.
- All electives chosen must contribute to a valid, industry-supported vocational outcome.
- Note: Units marked with an ( * ) asterisk have one or more prerequisites. Refer to
individual units for details
|SITHCCC023*||Use food preparation equipment||Core|
|SITHCCC027*||Prepare dishes using basic methods of cookery||Core|
|SITHCCC034*||Work effectively in a commercial kitchen||Core|
|SITHKOP009*||Clean kitchen premises and equipment||Core|
|SITHPAT012*||Produce specialised cakes||Core|
|SITHPAT014*||Produce yeast-based bakery products||Core|
|SITHPAT015*||Produce petits fours||Core|
|SITXFSA005||Use hygienic practices for food safety||Core|
|SITXFSA006||Participate in safe food handling practices||Core|
|SITXHRM007||Coach others in job skills||Core|
|SITXINV006*||Receive, store and maintain stock||Core|
|SITXWHS005||Participate in safe work practices||Core|
|Group A – Cookery and Catering
|SITHCCC038*||Produce and serve food for buffets||Elective|
|SITHCCC042*||Prepare food to meet special dietary requirements||Elective|
|SITHKOP010||Plan and cost recipes||Elective|
|SITHPAT017*||Prepare and model marzipan||Elective|
|SITXFSA007*||Transport and store food||Elective|
|Group B – Food and Beverage
|SITHFAB024*||Prepare and serve non-alcoholic beverages||Elective|
|SITHFAB025*||Prepare and serve espresso coffee||Elective|
|SITHFAB027*||Serve food and beverage||Elective|
|Group C – General electives
|SITXCCS014||Provide service to customers||Elective|
|SITXCOM006||Source and present information||Elective|
|SITXCOM007||Show social and cultural sensitivity||Elective|
|SITXWHS006||Identify hazards, assess and control safety risks||Elective|
Request a demo
See why Didasko are the industry leader in online learning. Request a demo today!
News from the hospitality and business industries. Find out the latest in education.
Didasko Learning Resources have a large library of units that can form your qualification.